Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale is offering two fitness retreats, a Triathlon Prep Program and Satori Wellness Retreat led by Sanctuary’s A-List fitness staff including swim coach Misty Hyman, a 2000 Olympic Gold Medalist.
Three-day Triathlon Prep Program (seasonal program):
Prior to arrival, Sanctuary’s fitness team connects with the guest to determine their current training program and goals. On the first day of training, guests work directly with swim instructor Misty Hyman, who earned a gold medal in the 200 meter butterfly at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney. She offers best swimming strategies for endurance and speed in Sanctuary’s 25-yard outdoor lap pool. Day two brings a guided desert bike ride, and guests hit the ground running on their third day of training, embarking on a tandem run with a fitness instructor. At the end of each training day, guests will enjoy spa treatments to restore muscles and joints impacted by strenuous days.
- Three night casita accommodations
- Three days of training with Sanctuary’s team of experts. Each day will be focused around the different elements of a triathlon, such as core training, swimming, biking, and running.
- Power breakfast each morning
- Three spa treatments to address the ailments brought on by a hard day of swimming, biking and running. Treatments include:
- 60-minute Therapeutic/Sports Massage customized to specific areas of muscle tension and to enhance athletic performance by focusing on sport-specific muscles.
- 60-minute Reflexology using techniques to stimulate the flow of energy in your feet, this massage rebalances the body and promotes increased relaxation and relief from stress.
- 90-minute Table Thai Massage. This ancient style of massage, gently pulls, pushes and kneads your muscles in patterns of gentle rocking and rhythmic compressions
Package price starts at $1,797, single occupancy. Rate includes room tax, food & beverage tax and gratuity, and spa gratuity. Advance reservations required. Trainer gratuity per guest discretion. Package prices do not include $20 daily resort fee
Satori Wellness Retreat:
Sanctuary’s Satori Wellness Retreat enlightens guests for a healthier new lifestyle. During the 4-day wellness journey, guests meet a certified personal trainer, who will introduce them to a unique, personalized health and fitness program that’s exciting, effective and easy to maintain when they return home. Guests can choose from a variety of fitness styles and activities such as private Pilates, yoga, body sculpt, dance fusion, private hiking & biking tours, tennis and much more. Satori Wellness Packages can be customized for individuals and groups and can booked through Sanctuary’s Fitness & Wellness Manager, Kara Thomas by calling 480.607.2336 or email email@example.com.
The base rate of $2,455 (per person) includes:
- 3 nights, 4 days in a Mountain casita
- One hour Agenda/Nutrition Consultation with Fitness Director Kara Thomas
- One hour personal training session, automated weight management program.
- Two 60-minute luxurious Spa treatments
- Welcome gift, daily journal, transportation from and to airport
- Take home recipes from award-winning Executive Chef Beau MacMillan
- Access to open resort movement studio classes as well as access to the resort’s infinity swimming pools and lap pools.
The retreat can also be customized to include an entire Yoga retreat, Pilates retreat, Romance retreat for couples, or an Outdoor adventure retreat. Rates customized for each program.
In addition to specialized fitness retreats, Sanctuary offers an extensive schedule of group exercise classes to all guests.
For more information visit sanctuaryoncamelback.com.