Toni&Guy, the Official Hair Partner of Phoenix Fashion Week 2014, shared their top 5 tips for creating volume in your hair – something many of us struggle to achieve! Check out their tips below.
1. Proper product choice and usage is key. Wet styling aids such as route boost, superstar, mousses, etc. will help build volume as you blow dry.
2. Using the right tools is important. A smaller round brush will create more movement and curl which in turn equals volume.
3. When drying hair, make sure over direction is being used to create lift in volume. This means blow drying the hair opposite the direction it’s natural fall, creating lift. For example, when you are pulling the round brush through a front, side section, pull it up instead of down.
4. Make sure to dry your hair completely. Any moisture will kill volume and lift.
5. Set the hair while it’s cooling. You can pin pieces up as you complete them so they can cool and set the way you want.
For more information about Toni&Guy and to find locations, visit toniguy.com.
Phoenix Fashion Week 2014 will take place October 1-4 at Talking Stick Resort. For more information about Phoenix Fashion Week, visit phoenixfashionweek.com.