Whether you aspire to train like an Olympian or simply want to intensify your workouts, training at 6500 to 9000 feet at Cerulean Advanced Fitness and Wellness in Scottsdale will take your workouts to the next level.
The largest independent “mask-free” altitude training room in the country, Cerulean’s altitude workouts are truly a one-of-a-kind experience you cannot find anywhere else.
In technical terms: exercising at altitude can substantially boost the body’s oxygen transport and metabolic systems through natural increases in red blood cells and increased cellular efficiency.
If that technical terminology doesn’t make any sense to you (lol), all you need to know is that altitude training will help burn an average of 30-50% more calories while also improving stamina and endurance.
Altitude training also yields benefits several hours after your workout, as your body’s metabolism continues to burn more calories during the excess-post exercise oxygen consumption phase (EPOC).
Clients who have been training at high altitude at Cerulean have claimed to be seeing significant increases in their endurance outside of the gym, including shaving times off runs, hikes and bike rides.
Classes offered at high altitude at Cerulean include:
- Cycling: incorporating the types of workouts that competitive cyclists do on the road using the world renowned WattBike.
- Indo-Row: a total body workout, the unique format of Indo-Row® captures all the elements of competitive, on-water rowing.
- Shockwave: This circuit challenge utilizes a specially designed WaterRower machine to provide short-burst, high-intensity, calorie-torching intervals along with functional strength and sculpting stations designed to target and chisel the legs, the core and the arms.
- Indo-Row/Shockwave Mash-up: safely warm up the body with a short workout of dynamic rowing drills and instruction while preparing for the high intensity interval training of a Shockwave class.
- Hybrid: use everything from TRX, hurdles, jump ropes, free weights and more for a diverse workout.
- Yoga: enjoy a deep stretch at altitude with poses designed to open, restore and energize.
Every workout comes with cutting-edge wireless physiological stress monitoring (PSM) to help substantially increase the efficiency of your workouts. Instantaneous monitoring of heart rate, breathing rate, oxygen saturation, core temperature, even accelerometry (how fast you run, how high you jump), and many other variables are streamed live onto large screens, making it easy to maintain optimum heart rate or lactate threshold training zones to help achieve your performance or weight loss goals. Maximize this information even more with the Comprehensive Physiological Testing Cerulean offers as well.
Learn more about altitude training at Cerulean Advanced Fitness and Wellness at livecerulean.com.