The annual Waste Management Phoenix Open is just as much (if not more!) about the social scene as it is about the golf. If you’re wondering what to wear to the “The Greatest Show on Grass” this year, here are some tips to make sure you are dressed for the occasion!
1. Layers – layering is key at an outdoor event this time of year. While it may be chilly when you initially arrive, by late afternoon that sun may be beating down on you and you’ll find yourself breaking a sweat. Wear a jacket with short sleeves underneath that will provide you with some relief if the temperatures rise.
2. Flat Shoes – ladies, I cannot stress this one enough. While we all certainly want to dress to impress, this is just not the time or place for a pair of four inch heels. You will likely be walking and standing for long periods of time and the terrain is anything but even. There will also be places where you will need to walk across grass. Opt for a wedge, flat boot or you can even pair a dress with some cute sneakers.
3. Golf Attire Not Necessary – just because you are attending a golfing event does not mean you need to dress like a golfer. But if you choose to do this, you won’t be alone… you’ll see plenty of polos and khakis throughout the event.
4. Hats Are Not a Bad Idea – when you’re out in the sun all day, a hat can protect your face from the harmful UV rays as well as be a great fashion accessories. Baseball caps, visors and stylish floppy hats are completely acceptable.
everything you need to know about the Phoenix Open
- transportation options to and from the Phoenix Open
To get more information about the Waste Management Phoenix Open and to purchase tickets, visit wmphoenixopen.com.