For most women, losing their breast is a traumatic event, which is why plastic and reconstructive surgeons Dr. Tim Matatov and Dr. Rozbeh Torabi started the Aesthetic/Restorative Breast Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
Dr. Matatov and Dr. Torabi offer their extensive experience and artistic skills in aesthetic and restorative procedures for patients requiring breast reconstructive care. As some of the best aesthetic and reconstructive surgeons in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area, both doctors are compassionate and well trained in the art of reconstructing the breasts.
The breast reconstruction procedures currently offered at the Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Center:
DIEP Flap Reconstruction
The Tummy Tuck Flap, also referred to as the DIEP Free Flap, uses autologous tissue from the stomach to restore the breast. This is often considered the gold standard of breast reconstruction and is on “should be one” of the most widely known of all the breast restoration options.
Who usually opts for DIEP? Breast reconstruction after double mastectomy or single mastectomy patients who have excessive belly fat.
PAP Flap Reconstruction
The PAP Flap transfers autologous tissue from the medial thigh instead of the abdomen like with a DIEP Flap. The reconstruction after breast cancer option is optimal for single or double mastectomy reconstructive surgery patients to benefit from an inner thigh lift.
LTP Flap Restoration
For this breast restorative option, the donor site is the lateral thigh. This is optimal for women with excessive fat tissue located at their thighs. The cancer is removed from the breast, then restored with the living tissue flap from the lateral thigh.
If tissue expanders are not needed, the breast reconstruction after double mastectomy or single mastectomy patient can opt for the cancerous breast tissue to be removed and have a silicone of saline breast implant placed at the time of cancer removal. This is also referred to as One-Step-Reconstruction.
The Aesthetic/Restorative Breast Center staff and surgeons also offer:
• Oncologist and Breast Surgeon Recommendations for newly diagnosed women.
• Oncoplastic Reconstruction to restore the breasts she when only a portion of the breast was removed from a lumpectomy
• Corrective Reconstruction to correct failed reconstructions
• Composite Stacked Flap – Multiple donor sites, also referred to as the Hybrid Stacked Flap
• Poland Syndrom Reconstruction – Birth defect restoration
• Hereditary Breast Cancer Reconstruction for women and young women who have breast cancer in their family line. If women are worried about hereditary BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes, they may opt for their breast tissue to be removed and replaced with an implant even if cancer has not been found.
So “How much does breast reconstruction in Phoenix / Scottsdale cost?” By law, the breast reconstructive surgeries are covered by insurance so the associated restoration cost after breast cancer is covered.
If you or a loved one is interested in their breast reconstruction options, Dr. Tim Matatov and Dr. Rozbeh Torabi of Aesthetic/Restorative Breast Center serve the Mesa, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona area at:
Aesthetic/Restorative Breast Center
10910 N Tatum Blvd #B100
Phoenix, AZ 85028
For more information about the Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Center and the procedures offered, visit breastreconstructionaz.com.