Tracey Martin is a Sustainable Lifestyle Leader and author and has been a certified Transformational Life Coach as well as health, life and wellness advisor for more than 25 years. Tracey’s mission is simple, to protect our natural resources, planet, and our most precious resource: humankind. She is sharing her knowledge with us in this weekly column and this week Tracey shares with us the benefits of including a clean and organic face oil to your beauty regimen.
I am talking face oils. We have heard over and over again about “oily” skin. This time I am talking about the coveted face oil. They are so luxurious. At this time of year our skin is screaming for hydration, suppleness and that dewy finish. I want to dispel some of the crazy myths about face oils. As well as give you some facts.
1. Face oils can cause breakouts. FALSE! – Grapeseed in particular is great for the face. It has super high concentrations of linoleic acid. This component helps fight acne and the skin will remain soft and supple (there is that beautiful word again!).
2. If you have natural oily skin you should steer clear of face oils – FALSE! – Let’s look at the jojoba oil for this one. Because this oil is similar to the natural oils of your skin, it will help keep balance. Most people who tend to have naturally oily skin will also have less wrinkles as they age.
3. Oils will only benefit more youthful skin – FALSE! – I go to sunflower oil for this one. It can help smooth the appearance of fine lines. It captures moisture and can reduce those dreaded dry patches and flakiness. Even reduces inflammation.
4. Face oils can reduce wrinkles – TRUE! – Some facial oils are packed with antioxidants that can protect your skin from ultraviolet light which can cause free radical damage -one of the number one causes of aging!
5. They make a great primer for makeup – TRUE! – I know this might go against everything that you have learned. However, certain oils like mandarin and pumpkin seed can sink into the skin super fast and fill in the areas that need a little extra hydrating. It will plump up those fine lines and lets your makeup go on smooth and more evenly.
I could go on and on about face oils. You will see instant results, they are multipurpose and oils balance oils. However, I will just leave you with this. Face oils truly are an amazing addition to your skin care regimen. Look for high end, clean organic oils. Remember, a little goes a long way so you get a lot for your money. You will find the right one for you. Also, they will make a great gift for someone on your list this time of year!
Here are a few of my favorites:
Bee Beautiful Bee face oil – a portion of the proceeds from this oil goes to bee conservation. It is a double win!
I know you will love any one of these products. Take care of your skin everyday. It is the face you show the world.
If you have comments or questions you would like to see addressed in this column, please send them to [email protected].
For a private one on one with Tracey text 602.568.4124.