Tracey Martin is a Sustainable Lifestyle Leader and author and has been a certified Transformational Life Coach as well as health, life and wellness advisor for more than 25 years. Tracey’s mission is simple, to protect our natural resources, planet, and our most precious resource: humankind. She is sharing her knowledge with us in this weekly column and this week Tracey focuses on starting the new year on a positive note by celebrating the year gone and asking yourself more questions to clarify your focus for the coming year.
Another year is coming to a close. Another chapter in your personal book of life, that you have written. How will you remember this year? Will you define it by the low points or high points?
At the end of the year I often hear people say “So glad this year is over,” “2017 can go to hell,” or “It was such a bad year.” The thing that concerns me is that I hear this at the end of EVERY year. Does that mean that people feel this way about every year that they have lived? Why close it out on such a low point? What if there was a way to close out the current year and welcome in the new year at the same time? Grab a piece of paper and a pen. Ask yourself these questions:
- How have I grown this year?
- Did I find the courage to walk away from toxic situations and relationships?
- Did I experience radical change?
- Did I learn to love myself a little more and be more authentic this year than in years past?
- Did I slow down and learn to enjoy the moments?
Another year seems to come so quickly. Pretty soon we have moved on past the holidays and we are in the daily grind of life. I invite you to put the brakes on and create a “manifesto” if you will, of the year to come. Keep the pen close at hand and start with this.
- I choose clarity over chaos
- I choose to embrace myself and let go of all negative thoughts.
- I will find contentment in this journey called life.
- I choose to be comfortable outside the comfort zone. This is where I grow and reach higher.
- I am excited about who I will become and what is in store for me.
Ok, 2018, show me what you have for me! Every year that you live is truly a gift. Treat it like one and open it with wide eyed anticipation.
If you have comments or questions you would like to see addressed in this column, please send them to [email protected].
For a private one on one with Tracey text 602.568.4124.