The annual Waste Management Phoenix Open is just as much (if not more!) about the social scene as it is about the golf. Make sure you’re prepared both fashionably and practically for “The Greatest Show on Grass” this year with these fabulous outfit ideas our founder Cynthia Sassi pulled from Crush Boutique in Scottsdale.
1. The perfect combination of cute but casual is always ideal for the Phoenix Open. Flat, comfortable shoes are a must. Layers are great because it can be cold in the shade and warm in the sun. We love this flannel because it is easy to just tie around the waist if the temps heat up.
2. Jean shorts, a graphic tee and some comfy sneakers are a great option for walking the greens at the Phoenix Open. A light jacket can be added if it is a little chilly.
3. We are loving this super cute, yet sporty look. A pair of trendy Nikes with a sequin jogger are fashionable, yet comfortable. Again, we encourage layers this time of year so you can easily be comfortable if it is chilly or sunny and warm.
4. Rompers are all the rage this year and we are loving how fashionable and cute this romper is from Crush. The sleeves add a little coverage if it is cool out. If you love wearing heels for the height or slimming effect they have, opt for a wedge. This will prevent your heels sinking into the grass.
5. If you want to go a little more dressy for a corporate tent or skybox, a simple dress with a casual blazer is the way to go. Again, layering for weather changes make a short sleeve with a jacket ideal. If you’re going to do any kind of heel, make sure it is very thick like the heel on this wedge.
6. Finally, we can’t forget about the guys! Just because it is a golf event, does not mean you need to be dressed in golf attire. However, if you have some really fabulous plaid pants you’ve been dying to wear, this would be the place to do it. Hats and sunglasses are a must in sunny Arizona, and a light jacket isn’t a bad idea if it is a cooler day.
(photo credit: Everardo Keeme)
To get more information about the Waste Management Phoenix Open and to purchase tickets, visit wmphoenixopen.com.