The annual Waste Management Phoenix Open is just as much (if not more!) about the social scene as it is about the golf. Make sure you have the perfect outfit that is both fashionable and practical for “The Greatest Show on Grass” this year with these fabulous outfit ideas our founder Cynthia Sassi pulled from Saks Phoenix.
1. A jumpsuit or romper is a favorite look for the Phoenix Open – cute but casual. Layering is always a great idea as the temperatures can be chilly in the shade and toasty in the sun. A light jacket that won’t be a hassle to carry around will be ideal, which is why we love this jacket from Saks. As most people know, you will be walking a lot and may have to walk through grass. So a comfortable wedge is a great bet if you want some height without sacrificing comfort or practicality.
2. If you know it will be a cooler day at the Phoenix Open, opt for a comfortable pant and long sleeved shirt. These pants from Saks are both comfortable, yet fashionable. There are restrictions on the size bag you can bring into the open, so a small purse is a great way to carry your credit cards and cell phone. This boot has a thick heel, so it is a sturdy and stylish option for walking around.
3. If the temperatures call for warmer weather, throw on a pair of shorts and cute top! We love that this blouse from Saks dresses up the shorts a bit and a pair of wedges will make your legs look long and lean in shorts.
4. We LOVE a cute dress with a flat shoe for the Phoenix Open paired with a jean jacket. Again, layering is great as the temperature changes throughout the day and flat shoes will be comfortable to walk around in. We also recommend having some fun with your hair – we are obsessed with this look from S&L Trends. If you are going out to the Phoenix Open multiple days you can start with your hair down the first day and transition into a fun half up look or braid as the week goes on.
5. We can’t forget the men! Just because it is a golf event, doesn’t mean you need to dress like a golfer, guys. For a more refined Open look, pair a blazer with a cashmere sweater and some breathable slacks – perfect for a breezier day out roaming the greens.
6. For the warmer days, the combination of a pair of cuffed khaki shorts, a form-fitting polo, and some stylish leather sneakers is a simple, yet timeless and slimming look. Inject a little personalty while keeping the sun out of your eyes by incorporating a designer baseball cap like this subtle statement piece from Balenciaga.