Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails at Hotel Palomar Phoenix has rolled out a new spring/summer menu for lunch and dinner.
This time around, Chef Stephen Jones is making the garden and seafood sections of the menu his stars. For dinner, Chef Jones revamped the menu with more than half of it being new items. Spring is Chef Jones’ favorite time of the year particularly because of the bounty of fresh, clean and bright produce. As for seafood, that’s where his passion and area of expertise lies. He summarizes the new menu as having light, refreshing and intriguing flavors.
A few of his favorites from the new selections:
- Cured Strawberry & Fennel Flatbread: Pickled fennel, pistachio, wild baby arugula. “This is my favorite dish on the menu right now. It’s surprising how well the flavors work together.”
- Charred Baby Leeks – “I was inspired by a similar dish I had in Spain and had to bring it to Blue Hound with my own twist.”
- Crispy Salt n Pepper Shrimp: “This dish has become an instant hit. The shrimp are cooked in their shell, which imparts a wonderful flavor and then are rubbed generously in salt and pepper.”
- Grilled Yellowfin Tuna– Eggplant, spinach, pickled shiitakes, tapenade. “The meatiness of the eggplant and the tuna complement each other perfectly.”
- Swordfish: Tomato & caper braised, giant white beans, wild Mexican oregano. “I’m a fish guy. This dish has already become among our bestselling.”
- Red Snapper: Ash baked baby beets, asparagus, squash, favas, and black garlic ranch. “I fry the snapper with the skin on and then dust it in dry garlic ranch, which really makes the dish in my opinion. This one is a lot of fun.”
We loved it all, but our favorites being the Cured Strawberry Fennel Flatbread and Red Snapper.
For more information visit bluehoundkitchen.com.