- This event has passed.
The Italian Pizza and Wine Festival
November 6, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10.00
Italian Association of Arizona is pleased to present its first-ever Italian Pizza & Wine Festival coming to Scottsdale City Hall, Saturday, Nov. 6, from noon to 9 p.m., delivering authentic pizzas to savor with imported Italian wines, imported beer and non-stop entertainment for the whole family to celebrate popular Italian culture in Arizona.
Arizona’s authentic Italian pizza makers include:
· Fabio on Fire – Originating in Domodossola, Northern Italy, Fabio serves delicious authentic Italian pizzas, bread and desserts from generations of family recipes.
· Trattoria D’Amico – Italian grocers that are dedicated to delivering the most authentic and high-quality Italian experience that fans will ever taste.
· Bored Baker Pizza Maker – Pizza maker Guillermo Magaña refuses to compromise on the quality of ingredients and is known for his three-day hand-stretched dough resulting in mouth-watering flavor-full wood-fired pizza.
· L ’Impasto – Specializing in Wood Fired Pizza & Pasta, L’Impasto when translated in Italian means “the dough,” which is at the heart of what they do as they make their entire menu from scratch.
· Re Di Roma – After 12 years of cooking in Rome, Chef Walid Ferhati brings his authentic wood-fired pizza Napoletana, fresh pasta, salad, and dessert to the Phoenix Area.
*Gluten-free options will be available
In addition to authentic pizza, guests can enjoy handcrafted Italian sandwiches and authentic Italian food artisans such as Lulu’s Sorbetto, Sogno Toscano, and, of course, gelato. A collection of fine Italian wines from Classico Fine Wines & Spirits will be featured, and Peroni for the beer lovers. What’s more, a curated craft beer sampling by Crescent Crown and more Italian wines to sample by Classico will be offered to sip and expand the palate.
Great pizza and wine are not the only stars of this first Italian Wine & Pizza Festival. Kids can enjoy balloon artists, face painters, stilt walkers and street musicians BOOM! Percussion Entertainment. Mom and Dad can see up-close displays of authentic Italian motorcycles, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and other Italian antique vehicles. Musical entertainment features the Steve Ansel Orchestra; a special performance by the Phoenician Tenors; and, in the evening, the Italian-led indie-rock band Mbrascatu, formed by musician Andrea Algieri. The group performs throughout Italy and in the Pacific Northwest where they are now based. Their music is an unusual “cross-pollination of numerous influences including Spaghetti Westerns, immigrant dance music of Eastern Europe, psych rock,” even American folk, altogether producing a distinct global sound. Bring your dancing shoes.
Italian Pizza & Wine Festival happens at Scottsdale City Hall parking and grass areas between 75th Street and Drinkwater Boulevard, just south of Indian School. Entry is on the southeast corner on 75th Street behind Scottsdale City Hall.
General admission tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Children 12 and under are free. Admission does not include food and beverage.