- This event has passed.
Feed the Cause: an Arizona Signature Event Supporting Pediatric Feeding Disorder
November 9 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm$225
The inaugural Feed the Cause: an Arizona Signature Event Supporting Pediatric Feeding Disorder promises an unforgettable evening of education, inspiration and connection hosted on Nov. 9 at Papago Golf Club in Phoenix.
Pediatric feeding disorder is often a silent battle affecting more than one in 37 American children under the age of five annually. This prevalence surpasses that of well-known childhood conditions like cerebral palsy and autism. PFD is defined as impaired oral intake that is not age-appropriate and is associated with medical, nutritional, feeding skills, and psychosocial dysfunction. Families dealing with PFD face a multitude of obstacles, including limited access to evidence-based data, the intricate and frequently misinterpreted characteristics and nature of PFD, and the emotional strain of caring for a child who experiences difficulty eating. Meal times become a laborious journey where each calorie and developmental milestone is a hard-fought victory.
Guests will be joined by honorary chairs Shannon and Bob Goldwater as the signature event offers a captivating evening featuring:
● Real Stories: Hear heartwarming accounts from families and children with PFD.
● Gourmet Cuisine: Savor delectable dishes crafted by the renowned culinary team at Papago Golf Club and enjoy a full open bar.
● Live Chef Demos: Gain culinary insights from acclaimed chef Roberto Centeno of Bacanora and Espiritu, recently featured on Chopped, and Katie Murwin, Sensory Cooking founder and CEO who will be joined by Janet Morrow M.S., CCC-SLP,
● Live Mixology Demos: Learn how to craft signature drinks using favorite ingredients from our families
● A 360° Photo Booth: Create lasting memories with friends as you capture a 360° video of your evening.
● Silent Auction: Bid on exclusive items and experiences while contributing to a noble cause.
● An Evening of Connection: Network with like-minded individuals and community leaders, forging valuable connections and supporting a worthy cause.
Tickets start at $225 for individuals.
To learn more about pediatric feeding disorder and Feed the Cause: an Arizona Signature Event Supporting Pediatric Feeding Disorder, visit feedingmatters.org.